Hovering Halos

by - 07:53
Views


Human mind work in such a curious manner where by which we always wanted to fictionalize any simple thing which come across our way. We grow up to be skeptical.  We are taught to question everything that we see or hear. No arguing to the fact that we do need to question things at times for our own safety, but then at time we take the inquisitiveness and wishful thinking to a different level all together.

For an example, someone might just say - I like the way you think.

The skeptical brain would immediately start calculating -  was that an appreciation? Or was it a try to set the stage for telling something more demanding.

Basically our mind would conjure anything and everything other than a simple - okay, someone appreciated me. That’s so nice.

Due to the blustery weather if the door is shut, we might think of some evil spirits in action. After all, it is providing some sort of curiosity and spice for life.

It so happens that me and my room mate need to walk for about 15 to 20 minutes to reach our home. Also, for a few days it was raining during evening and hence we found it difficult to make it to home by walking. So, those gentlemen in our team who has the luxury to get a car on rent (To be specific who can spent USD 400 to 500 per month towards rental and insurance, especially when gasoline price is USD 3.5 per gallon) occasionally used to offer us lift.

But many a times, we enjoy walking primarily because it provide as a kind of forced exercise and a sense of fluttering around without hassle, not to mention we got ample time to gossip about the day's proceedings as we walked.

That particular day, we got out of office at 7 PM and it was pretty dark. We have to pass through a forlorn stretch devoid of any human beings. It was both dark and scary. There are a few companies like AT & T which we have to cross before reaching main road. Of course, the mind is so tuned to discuss all the eerie phenomena regarding paranormal activities especially when we had to cross this path.

Going by Rhonda Byrne’s Secret and Law of attraction, we might have attracted some unholy spirit with our constant discussion on clairvoyant subjects. So we did the best we could do - run. We used to check if there were no oncoming cars on the road, then we would start running in this stretch like there is no tomorrow. We did the same that day.  So after that running as we came out in the nicely lit part of the road still huffing from the brisk sprint, I happened to briefly look at the sky.

What were those on the sky? I nudged my roommate and drew her attention to the four white spots in sky. It looked like the reflection of beam of light but again the tail beam was not to be seen.

The four dots started gaining radius and they came close to form one single big circular object and in a moments time they started dispersing. It was like the movement of an octopus. There we stood frozen for a while and later we started comforting each other. But then the overdrive of Hollywood and Sci Fi movies on weekends yielded result and we gasped in unison “UFO”.

Those who read a lot on UFO might remember the clandestine news which is so popular and known as Roswell UFO Incident. In 1947, some extra terrestrial UFO crashed in Roswell in New Mexico State of US (Again not so far from our place) and US Army found some alien corpse. Afterward, they have engaged in some major research on aliens based on the debris available. Of course, many conspiracy theories are available on the basis of this.

Finally, we started walking ahead and there we came across a building on the other side of the road caught in fire and many military helicopters were engaged in surveillance. A possible interpretation of this white spots could be the military helicopters marking the space with some strong beam. We reached home and tuned to various channels to get to know more about fire accident in the locality but could not find anything regarding the same.

Afterward, back in our house, late night when my roommate was already asleep, I finished a few pending work and then before going to bed I thought of combing my hair and reached near the mirror on the dressing table. I switched on the dim light so that my roommate could sleep without disturbance.

In a few seconds I found something moving behind me and I was almost dead with the feeling of some cosmic force still playing pranks with me. You see we were still pretty jittery from the evening experience. I told myself – No, it is your mind in action. Think positive! Bur No ---- it was something. Someone is behind me covered in blanket. I wanted to scream, I could experience lump in my throat, I was getting asphyxiated!

I turned back and saw my roommate standing behind staring at me! I could not believe this and screamed “You were sleeping! What are you doing behind me?”

While saying this, I looked down to confirm whether her feet was touching the ground. Just in case.

In a hazy voice she told “Sorry dear, I just wanted to confirm whether your image can be seen in the mirror”

We stared each other for a whole minute, pinched each other and had a good laugh!

Good bye to all unholy spirits. At least for the time being, I do not have to hire a ghost buster.



You May Also Like

0 comments